Senior Frontend Developer
We are looking for an experienced Frontend developer to champion the development of the web app for our award-winning platform. Your primary focus will be the ongoing development and improvement of the web interface to reflect the featureset of our native mobile apps, while also implementing new features on web that wouldn’t be possible on mobile platforms.
Our app is running on Angular 6. We take full advantage of HTML5 and are looking for someone who understands responsive web design, its strengths, its weaknesses and how to get things working across multiple devices, platforms, resolutions and orientations.
- Ongoing development of the web client using Angular, TypeScript, NGRX and RXJS.
- Maintaining, updating our UI framework based on Angular Material.
- Serving as a technical resource to the Product Manager and aid in development of new feature concepts.
- Mentoring junior frontend developers. Ensuring code quality by taking code reviews, following existing code standards and always keep the “clean code” principle in mind.
- Has at least 3+ years of experience working within a web development team
- Strong experience with Angular/React/Vue.js and TypeScript. Preferably Angular.
- Experience with state management (Redux/NGRX) and reactive programming (RXJS).
- Knowledge of how to implement a service oriented architecture
- Experience with front-end TDD/BDD frameworks (Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, Protractor, etc)
- Experience profiling/optimising for mobile web browsers
- Experience with HTML5 canvas based image rendering.
- Experience with one of the backend technology, preferably node.js, golang or PHP.
- Has worked on projects all the way from inception to pushing to production
- Has experience working within Agile processes (we work in scrum-based squads with 2-weekly sprint cycles)
TouchNote is the world’s most popular card-sending app. We believe the world would be a better place if everyone took a few moments to be a bit more thoughtful and considerate. We call it ‘keeping in TouchNote’ and it’s at the heart of everything we do. It’s our mission to make it easy for people to send thoughtful postcards, prints and presents with just a few taps of a phone or tablet. Since 2008 we’ve helped to send over 10 million postcards worldwide. You’ll find us featured in leading press publications, as well as on fridges, desks, pinboards and walls across the globe! We’re privately funded and based in London, UK.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive based on experience and open to negotiation.
Other Perks Include:
- Our Thoughtful Holiday Policy - it puts you in control of the amount of holiday you take!
- Company laptop (Mac or PC - you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, free mobile insurance and many more
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Friday drinks
- Team lunches
- Team socials every month
- Free TouchNote credits to use our product