We are looking for an experienced Golang Developer to join our Development team, to build the next generation of the TouchNote system.
We are looking for an Backend Golang developer for our award-winning platform. Your primary focus will be the ongoing development and improvement of our back end. This will require modular development and a thorough understanding of service-based architectures, code optimisation/profiling and test-driven development.
We currently work with Golang based micro services and Kubernetes.
- Developing, testing & maintaining microservices written in Go
- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable systems
- The development of tests, documentation and mockups
- Integration of external services (eg. Braintree), where necessary
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Is experienced with agile methodology, ideally at a start-up.
- Has genuine love for beautiful product design, a good eye (or two), and an insatiable desire to improve the user experience and user happiness of everything around us.
- Is passionate about TouchNote and our mission to be the best way to send meaningful messages and gifts to the people you care about.
- Proven experience writing idiomatic Go
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders, other developers and other staff in a professional and competent manner
- Experience developing data-driven services
- Experience with test-driven development
- Thorough understanding of micro service-oriented architectures, including the delegation of responsibilities between layers
TouchNote is the world’s most popular postcard-sending app.
We believe the world would be a better place if everyone took a few moments to be a bit more thoughtful and considerate. We call it ‘keeping in TouchNote’ and it’s at the heart of everything we do.
It’s our mission to make it easy for people to send thoughtful postcards, prints and presents with just a few taps of a phone or tablet.
Since 2008 we’ve helped to send over 10 million postcards worldwide. You’ll find us featured in leading press publications, as well as on fridges, desks, pinboards and walls across the globe!
We’re privately funded and based in London, UK.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive based on experience and open to negotiation.
Other Perks Include:
- Our Thoughtful Holiday Policy - it puts you in control of the amount of holiday you take!
- Company laptop (Mac or PC - you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, free mobile insurance and many more
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Friday drinks
- Team lunches
- Team socials every month
- Free TouchNote credits to use our product