We’re looking for an experienced iOS Developer to join us as we go through an exciting re-brand and build the next generation of TouchNote's iOS applications.
About the Role
Would you be interested in joining the UK’s 9th-fastest growing technology company to help design and build new and advanced applications for iOS?
This position will work alongside our experienced developers and collaborate with other teams, including product managers and designers, to transform our re-brand requirements into compelling, user-focused, applications for iPhone and iPad.
The ability to work well in a small, expert team is critical, as well as an eye for detail, a strong sense of initiative and being proactive. We’ll want the right person to actively contribute and take on important responsibilities without being prompted.
In this role, you’d report to our Chief Product Officer and work with a truly talented and close-knit team, ensuring consistent performance, quality and responsiveness of our iOS applications and helping to write and maintain clean, well-documented, reusable and scalable code.
- Ideally 3-5 years’ proven experience in iOS development, from initiation and planning through to successful launch in the App Store
- Deep familiarity with Objective-C and Swift with a practiced understanding of the interoperability between both
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience using key tools UIKit, CoreAnimation, CoreData and Storyboards
- Solid experience of unit testing and implementing continuous integration of iOS apps
- Familiarity with third-party libraries and RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Experience with client-server type architectures and protocols
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends and emerging technologies
- Actively considers the wider picture, identifying patterns and connections between issues/situation that are not obviously related
- BS degree in Computer Science
About TouchNoteTouchNote is the world’s most popular postcard-sending app.
We believe the world would be a better place if everyone took a few moments to be a bit more thoughtful and considerate. We call it ‘keeping in TouchNote’ and it’s at the heart of everything we do.
It’s our mission to make it easy for people to send thoughtful postcards, prints and presents with just a few taps of a phone or tablet.
Since 2008 we’ve helped to send over 9 million postcards worldwide. You’ll find us featured in leading press publications, as well as on fridges, desks, pinboards and walls across the globe!
We’re privately funded and based in London, UK.
Salary and Benefits
£45,000 - £60,000, competitive based on experience and open to negotiation.
Other perks include:
- 25 days holiday
- Fortnightly work from home day
- Company laptop (Mac or PC - you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- A membership with Perkbox which gives employees access to plentiful discounts such as half price cinema tickets at major cinemas including Odeon and Vue, a free Tastecard and many more
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Friday drinks
- Team lunch fortnightly
- Team socials every month
- Free TouchNote credits to use our product
Job publication details
Job published: 02/06/17
Job post expires: 30/06/17
Vacancy Reference: 2017-02
Closing date for applicants
All applicants must be received by 30 June 2017 11:59pm
The job is based at Touchnote Ltd, 72-74 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NA